Let’s face it, “the talk” can be one of the scariest things we face as moms. Figuring out how to talk about sex with your tween is, if we’re totally honest, nothing short of terrifying.
And it isn’t just sex that can make us feel awkward, even talking about puberty, body image, and growing up can leave us feeling uncertain.
Because I know this struggle, I’m thrilled to share with you an excellent new resource from my friend Sheila Gregoire.
Not Sure How to Talk about Sex with Your Tween?
As the author of A Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex, Sheila knows how important it is for women to have a healthy view of their bodies and physical intimacy. And as the mother of two young adult daughters, one who just got married, she also knows how those things are often shaped by our experiences as girls.
The Whole Story
Because Sheila knows how important the conversations we have with our tweens on this topic are and because she also knows how uncertain we can feel about HOW to get those conversations started, she and her daughters have created a video course designed to help guide those awkward talks.
The Whole Story is an online video-based course for moms and daughters where the daughters learn about sex, puberty and growing up from videos featuring young adult mentors, and then moms use the discussion questions to keep the conversation going!
Wondering how that works? Here are a few of the features that make this course such a great investment for moms.
- An online, video-based course for moms and daughters about sex, puberty, and growing up.
- Comes in two age groups: One for daughters 10-12, and one for daughters 13-15.
- The videos are led by “young adult” mentors who feel like “funny big sisters”. (They’re 20 & 22 and have their own ministries!)
- Then checklists, discussion questions and mother-daughter activity ideas help moms and girls solidify the information and continue the conversation.
Resource not Replacement
The Whole Story is not intended to replace your own conversations with your tween — but it is an excellent resource to help you have them with much more confidence!
Our girls are going to learn about sex (as much as we wish they weren’t!). Tools like The Whole Story help moms be the FIRST to broach the conversation and enable us to give our daughters the facts with a solid biblical perspective.
Purchasing the Course
Does this sound amazing to you? I have to be honest — I wish this had been available when Casiday was ten! Which is why I decided to become an affiliate for The Whole Story when Sheila told me about it. There are lots of parenting courses available online but this is the only one I believe in enough to become an affiliate for — I’ve known Sheila for a lot of years, I’ve watched her girls grow up, and I’ve seen her commitment to biblical marriage. She knows of what she speaks and she can be trusted.
How much? That’s what you want to know, right? How much will this cost you? I totally understand and it’s the question I asked too. This is the best part — this course, packed with great information, is also a great value.
The course comes in two versions: One for 10-12 year olds and one for 13-15 year olds. You can buy them separately, or together, like this:
- Separately, each course is $39, and you get access for one year.
- You can buy them both for $69, with access for one year.
- OR you can buy a VIP version for $99, with lifetime access and extra materials, including audio training and pep talks from Sheila ; advice from her husband Keith about when things are weird enough with periods or puberty that you should see a pediatrician (Keith is one!); parenting audio downloads featuring Rebecca and Sheila on how to parent teens well; and access to a Facebook group where people can ask questions and suggest topics for webinars (which you can join for free).
I absolutely recommend purchasing the VIP version — and for this week only you can get lifetime access to all the videos and extra materials for just $69. Seriously, this is a fabulous investment.
Y’all, I don’t make this recommendation lightly. I talk with moms every day who are incredibly uncertain about how to talk about sex with their daughters. And I know how scary it is to think about having those conversations with our girls when they are as young as 10. But I also know the statistics bear out the necessity of doing so. The Whole Story is a resource to help make these difficult conversations much less scary and awkward.
Get more details about The Whole Story and order the course here. You’ll be glad you did!